2013 Red Ruth Repairs
by Unknown - 19:50 on 29 May 2013
As we relaunch Red Ruth this month after winter storage we look back on the repairs that were required. Nothing major was expected as we did most of the repair work last winter however, over the storage period we did find a few unexpected items.
The teak deck that was repaired last winter had a few holes in the caulking which, after inspection, were declared fit for duty.
The Vang stopped moving freely which again after inspection proved that the hydraulic piston inside it had corroded. This would require either a new part or a repair. We opted to go for a welding repair for this season.
When lifting out the crane rubbed against our Yankee sail leaving behind a hole with bits of sail material filo pastry and a slight kink in the forestay. The sail maker managed to do a nice repair for us but it doesn't look like there is anything to be done about the 'kink'. Its not huge so we hope it proves to be okay for this season.
Add your comment